Thursday, October 29, 2015

October 26, 2015

well its pretty much just been raining cats and dogs here. but while everyone else is inside... its the perfect time to be a missionary.. I recently bought a bright yellow para agua. you better believe that i am a sight to be seen. hahahahha but i feel like a clompy sister missionary walking around in rain boots a big backpack and a big yellow umbrella but hey you got to do what you got to do... but this past we worked hard... and although we have nothing to show for it but wet hair and muddy boots! heavenly father knows. hahahhah thats all that matters. 

but these past few weeks have been a big test of my diligence. That is we will spend everyday going to every single person in our contact book, every person we can think of... and have no luck. its a lot of walking hoping that someone will agree to talk to us. The first few weeks i will admit i was getting down on myself... everynight i would ask myself what i did wrong and what i could change in order to talk to more people the next day and have the success that i had in ituzaingo... but this week i was studying a lot about it... and i love how heavenly father is so merciful! 

I was reading one of my favorite talks by elder holland and i just had the greatest realization of my life... hahhahah or of my mission... well i guess just of this area. 
that it doesnt matter what i do... it doesnt matter how hard i work.. this mission isnt for me.. Our lives arent ours. we are only here to learn how to love heavenly father and to show him that love.. yes that doesnt mean that we have to devote 24 hours a day 7 days a week for that hahahah (i guess thats just about what i am doing hahah) but all he asks is for a little bit for a little bit of our agency to follow his son and to be obedient. 

I love this talk by elder holland its one of my favorites.. se llama the first great commandment. I was reading in the new testament about the 12 apostles and their experiences as they are out preaching the gospel... in all reality their savior had just died and they were nervous and people wanted to kill them they were lost... they couldnt see all the success that was coming from their missionary work.. the little church that christ had established was barely keeping afloat... but with all the afflictions they kept going... to show their savior that they loved him more than they loved fishing... more than they loved anything else. THEY LOVED THE WORK! 

I was thinking ok... i havent had many lessons this week.. our investigators.. emi, chiqui, mario havent been progressing (mainly faulting coming to church) but i am here.. i am showing my love for the lord and his work. this week has been slow monday our noche de hogar fell through tuesday was busy... but wednesday through saturday were realllll slow... and we walked all day. but that is ok! i worked my hardest. and heavenly father knows... he is going to make up for the things that i didnt do... he knows everything and through my savior he can be as merciful as he wants. I am here and i am showing them that i love him. that i am his instrument. 

but to bring up a good note.. WE HAD CONFERENCIA DE DISTRITO!!!!! which was sooo cool... all the ramas from this area came to rama 1 to have their conferencia and president and hermana la pierre came and spoke to us. I LOVE THEM. seriously. I LOVE THEM. i cant even imagine my mission without them.. them leaving my last six months is going to be really sad. tears will definitely be shed. but I loved the feeling of seeing everyone in one chapel.. all these people who love the gospel just as much as i do. 

But I love you alll.. i hope that you all are doing soo good. thank you so much for everything. your examples... your letters... I love you all and know that i know without a doubt this gospel is true. I had an experience this week with some christian priests from another chruch that got into a little scuffle with us... wanting to know how we know that we dont have errores... becuase every chruch says that they have the truth.. when they kept bringing up fault after fault... i started to doubt.... but there is one thing that i couldnt doubt... and that was my testimony of god and of the book of mormon. I KNOW WITHOUT A DOUBT that god is my heavenly father... DIOS EXISTE. El es nuestro padre. somos hijos de dios. and the other thing that i can never doubt is the book of mormon. I may not know much about everything that is in it... but i know that it is true and that it has changed my life. so now i want to say to all of you that I KNOW THAT THIS CHRUCH IS TRUE! that the book of mormon HAS changed my life and that we must find those eternal truths... even if they are small and hold onto them because we will always doubt... but that is ok... it just cant overcome our faith!

i love you all have a great week! keep the faith! 

con amor

xoxoxo hermana pitts 

No comments:

Post a Comment