Tuesday, August 25, 2015

August 24, 2015

I cant believe that I hit my 3 months as a missionary!!!! IT IS ALREADY THE END OF AUGUST.... this is soo crazy!!! we are on week 3 of the transfer! Time has flown this week and next thing i know its going to be p day again and I will be writing home! but anyways... this week....

WE WALKED A LOT. i wish that i could give you an estimate of how far we walk every single day... but with hermana hartley most of our investigators lived close to our pension... but since they have either been baptzed or have lost interest... this week we CONTACTED!!!!!!! i love contacting!!! its soo fun... just to stop someone and share with them my testimony and hope that they feel the spirit. but anyways... our new investigators live pretty far... soooo we have been walking A LOT!!! which is fun AND not fun. hahah it gives us a lot of time to think and to chat! but anyways...

this week... for my cumplemes hermana wilson made me pancakes and of course we had nothing to put on them but sugar... which for me was totally normal and reminded me of home! i loved it! we also ate my favorite postre... its this durazno tart thing with dulce de leche... HOLY COW. i have to stop myself on that one... but dont worry mom i am being really good about the sweets.. hahahah well most of the time! but anyways! it was a day to celebrate because i made it my first 3 months sooo crazy!!!

now for the serious stuff we have a couple new investigators that are sooo cool...
first is mario... me and hermana hartley were walking in the streets one day and this man on a tractor stopped in front of us and said that he had the feeling to call out to us and wanted a folleto!!! MIRACLES I tell you... but anyways we didnt have the chance to go to him because he lives reeeealllll far... im talking the farthest from centro as possible... anways! hahaha BUT THIS WEEK WE FINALLY GOT TO PASS BY!! he has a wife and 7 kids!!!! A FAMILY!!! but they are super interested and he kept telling us that we were sent from god! Anyways! i really hope that they continue to progress! they are soo cool!

And our other investigator that is waaaaayyyyy cool is Carlos... we were walking by me and hermana wilson and we started talking to his family who was visiting from posadas and he said hold on... and ran to the other room! anyways he comes back with this book of mormon that is yellow and these ancient folletos.... probably from like the 90s or something (realllll ancient... just kidding) but anyways he said that the missionaries just stopped coming one day... he seems to still be really intersted! but I am excited to watch them progress in the gospel and gain a testimony

That is what is soo cool about missionary work! watching people gain a testimony and recognize the truth! it only just strengthens mine. but this week i finished the book of mormon again!!! yay!!! I LOVE THE BOOK OF MORMON! its amazing!!! and I KNOW WITH NO DOUBT IN MY HEART THAT IT IS TRUE! i know that we are humans mortal beings our natural men needed an easy way to know... and that is the book of mormon!! we needed 1 way to know that everything is true.. that jesus christ is our savior and that he lives and that joseph smith was a prophet called of god and that the true chruch is on the earth today! its soooo cool! and sooo true! if we know that is true then everything is true!!! that is why i love sharing the blue books, there is soo much power in the words! becuase they are literally the words of our savior!

I know this gospel is true.. i know it with all my heart! and I love to share it! 
have the best week ever! and keep the faith



No comments:

Post a Comment