Saturday, June 13, 2015

Week 4

June 12, 2015



It ties in perfectly with our devotional. Linda K. Burton came this week and talked about what it means to be a disciple! it was amazing!!!! WE MUST BE BOLD, WE MUST LISTEN TO THE PROMPTING SOF THE SPIRIT, WE MUCH MINISTER TO THOSE IN NEED... JUST LIKE JESUS CHRIST!  My favorite thing she said is that she tied it into the atonement... and that the atonement is what gives us the strength and the power to become a disciple of jesus christ! We have to recieve the enabling power in order to stand out and to be true to who we are as sons and daugthers of our heavenly father... 

Fast sunday here was soo cool.. we were able to share our testimonies in spanish.. although they were simple.. they were so powerful! I have such a testimony that this is god's work and we are working in HIS vineyard! he needs us to work as diligently as possible because there is still a lot of work to do!!! 

The rest of the week has gone by same as the last... although WE GOT TO HOST THE NEW MISSIONARIES AGAIN!!!
I was able to get 2 of my best friends from high school!! I am so grateful to have MADDI BISH AND TISSE HERE!! It feels like home back at the dorms with them!! and Siera Squires also came in! I love seeing familiar faces!! 
The MTC is amazing... I am just enjoying every second that I get! 

Keep writing fam! I hope all is well at home!! I love to hear even just the little things.. they mean so much and I feel your love soo much when I read your letters soo thank you.. I wish I could just give you a big hug of gratitude!!!
You guys are the best! Claire I hope that your first babysitting job went well!! hahahah and Cam Hope cheer is going well!! Rpitt and Tgneit keep the love!! 

I love you guys and am so grateful for the family I come from!! 
i pray for you guys every day!! and Know that one of the reasons I am out here is so that I can help other people realize that we can be with each other forever which is what I want more than ANYTHING!!! 

keep the faith... when times are rough and when times are smooth! Its all about having faith and knowing that heavenly father wants us to be happy! thats what we teach our investigators everyday!! 

I love that saying.... KEEP THE FAITH.


xoxoxox
hermana pitts 


On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 10:08 AM, Alison Pitts <alison.pitts@myldsmail.net> wrote:
wow. a week from today we get our travel plans, and then a week after that we head for argentina! 
Its soo crazy! but I am still loving it here!

This week hasnt changed much but I can't believe how fast time is flying by! it feels like I was just writing home a couple days ago, but what do you know another week has passed! but spanish is coming along somewhat... nothing new just continuing to teach and to feel the spirit! 

We have 3 investigators that we are teaching right now.. each has such a special place in my heart! I think I learn more about the gospel when I teach them than i do any other way! There are lots of ups and downs here, sometimes I am sooo frustrated with teaching and not feeling like I am connecting as well as I could be... that I am not being led by the spirit... and other times I am on an ABSOLUTE SPIRITUAL HIGH... But I love being a missionary! 

Our teacher gave us the coolest lesson about how we need to understand where power comes from... its not from our spanish, or from how eloquent we say something, its not even from the spirit. its is from understand the nature of our call and who we are.. WE ARE CHILDREN OF HEAVENLY FATHER AND HE HAS GIVEN US DIVINE HELP TO DECLARE HIS WORD. 

No comments:

Post a Comment